You want to travel in Ireland but you would rather wear tie-dyed tights to a funeral than go on a group tour.
You imagine behemoth buses careening down Irish country lanes, crammed with camera-toting tourists being rushed from one site to another until their heads spin, their feet ache and they couldn’t tell you the Cliffs of Moher from the Rock of Cashel.
Traveling solo doesn’t sound so appealing either: paying an expensive single supplement/punishment for taking up a room to yourself; being seated at the tiny table near the kitchen if you dare to dine alone, or buying an old sandwich at the quickie mart and eating it in your room; not going out to the local pub at night out of fear for your safety; not having anyone to share your adventures with.
So you wonder if maybe a small group tour, for women only, would be right for you.
Top 10 Reasons a Small Package Tour for Women Only is Right for You:
1. You like making new friends: Celtic Heart Tours groups are only 8 travelers, the tour director and professional Irish driver, so getting to know each other is easy. And you have one thing in common right off — a love of Ireland! Whether you are joining as a solo traveler or traveling with family or friends, you will end the tour with 9 new friends.
2. You want adventure and comfort in equal parts: You may have reached a point in your life where backpacking through India has dropped off your bucket list, but you’re not ready for the rocking chair just yet! Our itinerary includes adventures such as climbing the 600 steep and narrow steps to impressive Skellig Michael (no handrails here folks!) and exploring the wild and scenic Beara Way, but every evening we will retire to comfortable rooms with warm beds and plenty of hot water.
3. You want to leave the driving to a professional: You’ve heard the horror stories about how narrow Irish roads are, how bad the road signs are and how crazy the locals drive are (all true), and it doesn’t sound like your idea of fun. That’s why we employ a professional Irish bus company, Butler’s Buses, that has years of experience and many tales to tell.
4. You want to see things that other tourists don’t, but you don’t have time to research all of Ireland: We’ve done the legwork for you. Tour Director Marcie Miller has visited Ireland six times, seeking out the out-of-the-way places that still retain the feel of old Ireland, not just tourist attractions. Our tours take you to authentic Ireland, revealing it’s stunning culture, history and scenery.
5. Your partner doesn’t like to travel but you don’t want to travel alone: A women-only packaged tour is perfect for women whose partner isn’t interested or able to travel, but still supports your dream of Ireland.
6. You want the security of a group without the mob mentality: Whether you are a woman traveling solo or with family or friends, our small group size enables you to blend in with the locals, whether at a farmers market or the local pub.
7. You want to be able to explore on your own sometimes: There are “free” days built into each tour so you can venture out to discover your own private Ireland.
8. You want to travel at a slower pace, savoring Irish culture, its people and history: The relaxed pace of our tours allows plenty of time for you to explore that ancient ruin on the hillside, photograph the sunset dropping over the Atlantic off the Beara Peninsula, or ponder the mythical history of ancient Ireland.
9. You want to travel with women who share your sense of adventure: With an itinerary chock full of “firsts,” from scaling Skellig Michael to riding the dangling Dursey cable car, you know your fellow travelers also want to travel outside their comfort zone.
10. You want the camaraderie of traveling with women: Traveling solo with a group made up of couples can feel very isolating. No chance of that here — women traveling together form bonds that last far beyond the tour, and may even lead to further adventures together!
If you found this post useful, please Like us on Facebook or give us a tweet!